- Cosmic Kids Yoga: Cosmic Kids Yoga is designed specially for kids aged three and above. Stream all the videos ad-free.
- Oti's Boogie Beebies: Oti will be dancing onto CBeebies and into households across the country as she motivates pre-schoolers to get moving and dancing from her own front room!
- Andy's Wild Workouts: Andy travels the world to amazing places and learns to move like the animals he meets on his wild adventure. Can you adventure with Andy and learn some animal moves of your own?
Websites provide a range of advice for professionals on Physical Activity. Here are some for you to visit.
- Active Together - Active Tots: Active Together works with many organisations to help the people of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland to get moving a little more. You can access a comprehensive range of resources via their website.
Physical Activity Guide
• Active Tots Physical Activity Guide has been developed by Active Together and partners to support early years practitioners plan and coordinate appropriate physical activity play opportunities and environments for children under 5. Please download this useful resource and others guides for free by using the following URL https://www.active-together.org/healthytots-resources
- NHS Better Health: Better Health is the new home of Change4Life. They have a new name and look, but don't worry – they're still here to help you with idea's to get children to eat better and move more.
- Early Movers: Early movers is a collaborative project between Loughborough University, the NCSEM and Loughborough campus nursery.
Early Movers gives guidance on the overall expected developmental progress in Physical Development, to assist practitioners in observing babies and young children moving. It also gives ideas and activities that practitioners can use to look ahead and plan appropriate activities for the next expected developmental stage, or to 'back up' (when necessary) to consolidate earlier stages.
- Sport England: On their website you can find a range of ideas for getting active with kids from Disney workouts to 10-minute Shake-ups. Take a look on their website if you need some ideas for physical activity lessons.
- Active Together - Wellbeing at Work: As well as supporting tots, Active Together also support workplaces with their health and wellbeing. Through the Wellbeing at Work programme they can give advice, support and information on developing employee wellbeing. They also have a wellbeing at work charter which is an accreditation scheme with two levels of accreditation, the pledge and the award. Find out more on their website and see how this scheme links with the Healthy Tots accreditation.
- Music + Movement: This website provides a range of learning resources to help make music and movement fun.
A gross and fine motor skills resource
Physical activity for early years (birth - 5 years)
Early years evidence briefing
Early Years Practice Briefing
UK Physical Activity Guidelines for Early Years Non Walkers
NHS Better Health
Want to gain more ideas to try in your setting or help families get more physically active? then look at these exciting quick games that everyone can enjoy and get healthier at the same time! https://www.nhs.uk/healthier-families/activities/10-minute-shake-up/
Be a superhero and see what super powers you have!
UK Physical Activity Guidelines for Early Years Walkers