This accessibility statement applies to the Leicestershire Healthy Tots website run by Leicestershire County Council.
We have tried to design this site to be as accessible and usable as possible for every user. For example, you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and Voiceover.
- View text transcripts of audio content of videos.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have disability. Please find other useful links below.
How accessible this website is
- Some links are showing as redundant
- Some of our documents may not be fully accessible.
- Links are not always descriptive so might not make sense out of context, particularly for people using screen readers.
- Some of our videos from third parties, don't have captions.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
0116 305 0705
Public Health Department, Leicestershire County Council, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicestershire, LE3 8TB
We'll consider your request and get back to you in 10 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
- If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission EHRC is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies, Websites and Mobile Applications No 2. Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Our reception has audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit, we can arrange a British Sign Language BSL interpreter. We also use Relay UK, a free app from BT which can help people with hearing and speech difficulties to communicate over the phone.
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Leicestershire County Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies Websites and Mobile Applications No. 2 Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some links are showing as redundant, where adjacent links direct the user to the same URL, e.g.in news articles and the navigation cards on the home page. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.4. Link Purpose in Context.
- Links are not always descriptive so might not make sense out of context, particularly for people using screen readers. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context)
- Some of our videos from third parties, don't have captions. Anyone needing captions will need to open the video in YouTube and add auto-generated subtitles (if available).This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.2 Captions (Pre-recorded).
- Some of our documents may not be fully accessible. We are working to resolve this by 30th September 2022. Anyone having difficulties, should contact us.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
- work on making all our PDF's published after the 23 September 2018 accessible
- review text or webpage links and remove redundant links
- regularly review the accessibility of this website with automated and manual testing.
- review any issues reported by users of the website.
- work with our developer to make improvements.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 16 August 2022.
This website was last fully tested on 4 March 2022 and a brief re-test in August 2022. We did our own testing using the Lighthouse and WAVE accessibility tools. We have also conducted manual testing exercises.
We have tested several pages that included a wide range of functionality including videos, social media and news items.
We're constantly looking at ways in which we can make the site better to use for everyone. If you have any concerns, queries or suggestions, they can be raised via the contact details outlined below.
Using screen readers
Our site should work with the latest versions of the following screen readers:
- Window Eyes
- Supernova screen readers
The site should also work with:
- basic operating system screen magnifiers
- speech recognition software, e.g. Dragon Naturally Speaking
- operating system speech packages
If you don't speak English
If you don't speak English, you can use Google translate to translate the information on our website.
- Go to Google translate
- Click on the 'leicestershirehealthytots.org.uk' link in the box on the right hand side
- Choose the language to translate to at the top of the page
- You will be able the read our website in your chosen language.