If you have a child under the age of 4 or you are more than 10 weeks pregnant, you may be entitled to money towards buying healthy food and milk .
If you're eligible, you will receive a Healthy Start card with money on it that you can use in UK shops, money will be added onto this card every 4 weeks-
- £4.25 each week of your pregnancy (from the 10th week of your pregnancy)
- £8.50 each week for children from birth to 1 year old
- £4.25 each week for children between 1 and 4 years old
You can also use the Healthy Start card to collect:
- Healthy Start vitamins – during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- vitamin drops for babies and young children – these are suitable from birth to 4 years old
To be eligible to receive this support you need to be at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under the age of 4, and be receiving any of the following:
- Child Tax Credit (only if your family's annual income is £16,190 or less)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Pension Credit (which includes the child addition)
- Universal Credit (only if your family's take-home pay is £408 or less per month from employment)
There are some further eligibility criteria, so to read more and apply visit the website.
Apply online here or request a paper application from the Healthy Start helpline on 0345 607 6823.