The aim of the Healthy Tots Programme
To provide support to establish a 'healthy culture' within early years settings empowering staff, children and parents with a view to improve health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities.
To achieve this we will:
- Develop and deliver an evidence based Healthy Tots programme across Leicestershire, utilising local data sets to make informed decisions.
- Develop and support staff understanding of early years health and wellbeing.
- Provide early years staff training opportunities to further increase and maintain knowledge within specific health and wellbeing areas.
- Provide appropriate and tailored support to meet the needs of the early years settings in achieving Healthy Tots status.
- Provide regular feedback to inform and empower settings around local health and wellbeing needs.
The Healthy Tots team strive to embed Leicestershire County Councils core values in the way we work. Those values consist of:
• Positivity - We find the best way to get things done. We challenge ourselves to deliver high quality services and inspire others to deliver results
• Flexibility - We are adaptable in order to support the needs of the business, working collaboratively and supporting colleagues
• Openness and Transparency - We are honest with the people we work with and serve. We share information and communicate clearly
• Trust & Respect - We empower our staff to take ownership and be accountable for their own performance, actions and decisions. We value diversity and listen to the views of others