Whole Setting Approach
The Healthy Tots programme works around the Whole Setting Approach. It gives a model to support change and development involving children, staff and parents/carers. It also gives you a solid foundation, from which improvements and developments can be added to step by step. This helps contribute to the physical and emotional health and wellbeing of everyone involved in the setting.
The whole school approach requires settings to address:
- Leadership, management and managing change
- Policy development
- Planning and resources
- Teaching and learning
- Setting culture and environment
- Giving children a voice
- Provision of support services
- Staff professional development needs, health and welfare
- Partnerships with parents and the local community
- Assessing, recording and reporting children's achievements
More information on each point is available on pages 14 - 16 of the Toolkit.