What evidence might the Healthy Tots Team expect to see
- Staff are able to demonstrate the resources they have in their setting which support learning around the emotional health & wellbeing i.e. Family trees/family photos, Emotion Puzzles/books, Comfortable place to sit quietly; cushions etc.
- Staff can state how resources are regularly audited and updated and how they find out about new resources
- Staff can state activities they use with children to explore children's feelings
- Children can state the importance of listening to others and being friends with others (sharing)
- Staff are seen praising and/or rewarding children
- The setting can describe ways they encourage and/or reward positive behaviour
- The setting can demonstrate its links into outside agencies to help support children with additional needs
- The setting is aware of SEAD or similar initiatives to promote emotional health
A child at Brunt Farm Day Nursery has taken a shine to these toys that belong to the setting to sleep with. They now have them on his bed ready for him at nap times. This is a good example of a child belonging and a good emotional health and wellbeing environment.