**Due to the current unprecedented situation with COVID-19 this is Leicestershire County Councils advice below:
- Any events involving the general public, or large groups of staff, should be cancelled until further notice
As such all events are now cancelled until the end of June, we will update this page when further advice becomes available.
Cancelled -Successful Working in Partnership with Parents (Linked to Physical Activity)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 18:00 - 21:00
Venue: reen Towers, Richmond Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 0DZ
Price: £10.00 Per Attendee
It is based on 30 years of good (and bad) experiences of working with parents culminating in a project working with parents of early years settings which was a finalist for Nursery World Best Parent Project Award 2014. The course is fun and humorous but details the vital steps in engaging parents fro 'persuading' them to attend events to maintaining a meaningful dialogue with event the most 'difficult' of parents. Partnership with parents is a vital aspect for successful ofsted inspections and this course helps settings to lay the groundwork not just for inspections but to help improve outcomes for the children in our care.
This course is suitable for anyone who works with young children in a setting that values parental engagement.
This course meets the following:
- EYFS areas of learning and development - personal, social and emotional development, communication and language, physical development, understanding the world, expressive arts and design
- Characteristics of effective learning - playing and exploring, active learning, creating and thinking critically
- Play types - fantasy play, imaginative ply, role play, creative play, dramatic play, communication play, Locomotor play, rough and tumble play
- UN Convention on the Rights of a Child - Articles 12, 13, 31
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.