Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020, 09:30 - 15:30
Venue: Dock, 75 Exploration Drive, Leicester, LE4 5NU
Evidence shows that at any one time 1 in 4 adults will be experiencing difficulties with their mental wellbeing and it is reported that 15.4 million working days were lost in 2017/18 as a result of work-related stress or anxiety. Studies have also shown that people who work in caring professions or support roles have an increased risk of suffering with stress-burnout due to their emotional responsibilities. Therefore, it is important to develop knowledge and skills in this area to help ourselves and others.
This training will cover a variety of topics assisting settings and individuals to develop self-compassion and self-management skills, along with new strategies for supporting staff wellbeing through a grounded and friendly approach.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Gain new knowledge around mental health & wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand worry, low mood and anxiety in more detail
- Be able to develop healthy coping strategies to manage difficult emotions
- Share ideas and gain new strategies for supporting staff wellbeing within your own setting
- Understand the importance of good self-care and designing your own bespoke routine
- Discuss strategies of how to gain a better work-life-family balance
- Learn new stress management skills to assist you with your work
There is a cancellation fee (£25.00) for any place which is cancelled within five working days of the session without extenuating circumstances and if the place cannot be filled.