**Due to the current unprecedented situation with COVID-19 this is Leicestershire County Councils advice below:
- Any events involving the general public, or large groups of staff, should be cancelled until further notice
As such all events are now cancelled until the end of June, we will update this page when further advice becomes available.
Essential Physical Development
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020, 18:00 - 21:00
Venue: Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF
Price: £10.00 Per Attendee
This essential course gives settings a greater understanding of one of the prime areas of the EYFS and one of the greatest motivators for neurological growth across every age of child. The course gives a unique insight into methods, activities and games designed to promote physical development in children even when they have begun to disengage in physical activity. Introducing brand new theories and methods combined with a wealth of practical knowledge this course is an invaluable introduction to this vital area of learning and can have a profound effect on a settings approach to physical development. Our current generation of children is at crisis point due to lack of physical movement with more children experiencing Neuromotor Immaturity than at any other point in history. This course shows us how to combat Neuromotor Immaturity and can have a profound effect on the children in our care.
- The role of the adult in inspiring movement
- Enabling environments
- Compound flexibility
- The process focused approach to movement
- Engaging parents in physical activity
- Combating obesity and cycles of inactivity
- A host of practical games and activities to take back to a setting
- A touch of superhero play
- And finally a method for increasing physical activity with every age of child that actually works!
This course meets the following:
- EYFS areas of learning and development - physical development, communication and language, understanding the world, personal, social and emotional development
- Characteristics of effective learning - playing and exploring, active learning, creating and thinking critically
- Playtypes - Locomotor play, deep play, mastery play, object play, imaginative play
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.