**Due to the current unprecedented situation with COVID-19 this is Leicestershire County Councils advice below:
- Any events involving the general public, or large groups of staff, should be cancelled until further notice
As such all events are now cancelled until the end of June, we will update this page when further advice becomes available.
The Power of Play - The Therapeutic Benefits of Play
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019, 18:00 - 20:30
Venue: eicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF
Price: £10.00 Per Attendee
The course looks at the fundamental biochemistry of play and how we can use this knowledge to help children emotionally reset, build resilience and promote positive mental health. It shows how positive play can have the most profound effect on a child's emotional wellbeing and can help children to overcome emotional obstacles and develop confidence and self esteem. The course also demonstrates how we can use play to help develop secure attachments with the children in our care especially if those children are struggling with attachments outside of our setting. The course is intensely thought provoking, combining up to date neuroscience and biochemistry with therapeutic play techniques to create a unique toolkit for helping not just vulnerable children but all children in our care. Learners will also take part in a wealth of practical activities designed to help children experience the therapeutic benefits of play and might just experience some of those benefits themselves.
This course meets the following:
- Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing
- EYFS areas of learning and development - personal, social and emotional development, physical development, communication and language
- Understanding the world, expressive arts and design
- Characteristics of effective learning - playing and exploring, active learning, creating and thinking critically
- Play types - fantasy play, socio dramatic play, imaginative play, role play, creative play, dramatic play, communication play, locomotor play, deep play
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.