Supporting Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing through a Whole Setting Approach
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019, 09:30 - 15:30
Venue: Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre, Ambion Lane, Sutton Cheney. CV13 0AD
Research shows 16 million people in the UK experience mental illness, three in four of these illnesses start in childhood and 10% of school aged children will be diagnosed with a mental health problem (approximately 3 in every classroom). Early Years settings and schools play such a crucial part in young people's emotional understanding and development and it has been proven that without them feeling safe, able to cope and nurtured, their academic and physical development can be significantly impacted. In order for this to be successful it should stem from a whole-setting approach.
Our training supports you in creating a holistic, low-cost, extensive support service to the children and young people in your care, to enable them to develop life skills, gain support when needed and flourish into adulthood.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Gain support for the difficulties you currently have in your setting
- Understand worry & anxiety in young people and the neuroscience behind this
- Develop knowledge around the importance of being an attachment aware setting
- Learn how to support young people with their emotional understanding and self regulation
- Gain new ideas for whole-school emotional support activities and mindfulness based interventions
- Learn how to support mental health & wellbeing through a holistic 'whole-setting' environment at minimal cost
- Understand the concept of Hygge (a space where children can feel comfortable and nurtured and explore with confidence)
- Be able to create a setting which supports young people understand and manage big, difficult feelings in ways which work for them
Sorry, booking for this event is now closed.