Links and Websites
- GOV.UK - Example menus for early years settings in England This series of example menus and associated guidance has been developed to support early years settings (such as nurseries and childminders) to offer food and drink in line with current government dietary recommendations for infants and children aged 6 months to 4 years.
- The documents include example menus and useful information for early years settings to help show how they can meet the Early Years Foundation Stage welfare requirement to provide 'healthy, balanced and nutritious' meals for children.
- Eat Better, Start Better Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England – A practical Guide Section 3 & 4 Eat Better, Start Better Menu Planning Checklist pages 61-65
- EYFS Statutory Framework Section 3 – The Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements p28, 3.47 Food and Drink This framework is mandatory for all early years providers in England (from 3 April 2017) maintained schools; non-maintained schools; independent schools; all providers on the Early Years Register; and all providers registered with an early years childminder agency.
- EYFS Development Matters – understanding the world This non-statutory guidance material supports practitioners in implementing the statutory requirements of the EYFS.
- Child Feeding Guide Real strategies and tools to tackle fussy eating and create happy mealtimes.
- British Nutrition Foundation Providing impartial, evidence-based information on food and nutrition.
- Five A Day A Day: what counts? Almost all fruit and vegetables count towards your 5 A Day, so it may be easier than you think to get your recommended daily amount.
- Safer Food Better Business for Childminders Food Standards Agency - Food safety management pack for registered childminders or child carers on domestic premises who usually provide meals and drinks for the children in their care.