Links and websites
Eat Better, Start Better Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England.
Eat Better, Start Better guidance and supporting material has been developed to help early years providers and practitioners to meet the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) welfare requirement for the provision of healthy, balanced and nutritious food and drink.
EYFS Statutory Framework section 3 – The Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements P.28, 3.47
Food and Drink.
This framework is mandatory for all early years providers in England (from 3 April 2017) maintained schools; non-maintained schools; independent schools; all providers on the Early Years Register; and all providers registered with an early years childminder agency.
Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)– Communication & Language p15-21
This non-statutory guidance material supports practitioners in implementing the statutory requirements of the EYFS.
- Consulting With Very Young Children (MS Word, 260 Kb)
- Let’s listen (PDF, 1.8 Mb)
- Listening as a way of life (PDF, 525 Kb)
- Developing a listening culture (PDF, 266 Kb)
- Listening to Babies (PDF, 452 Kb)
- Listening and responding to young children's views on food (PDF, 479 Kb)
- NSPCC - Listening to Children (PDF, 2.1 Mb)