Skip To Main Content
8 - 20 months
- I can use noises, words, pointing or touch to start a conversation with you.
- I am beginning to make friends with special grown-ups.
- I am quiet or can get worried when I meet new grown-ups for the first time.
- I need help from a grown up that I know when I am playing with children or visiting a new place for the first time.
- I like to watch what my friends are doing.
- Share photos of special grown-ups with me.
- Let me meet special grown-ups. Tell me their names
Self-confidence and self-awareness
- I like to find my nose, eyes or tummy when you play games or sing songs like 'Round and round the garden'.
- I know that when I make different noises and sounds with my voice you will help me or play with me.
- I can use pointing or looking to tell you what I want or need.
- Let me look in a mirror. Point to me and tell me that it's me in the mirror.
- Point to my nose, arms and legs and tell me what they are.
Managing feelings and behaviour
- I will go to a grown up that I know when I am feeling excited, happy, tired or cross.
- I may have a special comforter and will use it when I am feeling tired or upset.
- I will let a grown up that I know wash me, change my nappy or get me dressed.
- Let me get my comforter or special toy when I'm feeling sad or tired.
- I am beginning to understand that when you say "yes" I can do or have something and when you say "no" I have to stop doing something or can't have something.